Breast augmentation is intended to correct breast volume and breast sagging issues by adding a prosthesis. This operation makes it possible to fill the upper pole of the breast (neckline).
- Loss of breast volume or insufficient breast volume
- Sagging breasts
The volume of the implants is calculated by your surgeon according to your wishes and morphology.
The surgical intervention
- The scars are positioned on the edge of the areola or in the sub-mammary fold.
- The prosthesis is implanted in a detachment pocket located either behind the breast gland or behind the pectoral muscle.
- The incisions are then closed with absorbable sutures and no drainage is necessary.
- The patient is then to wear a suitable bra day and night for a few weeks following the surgical intervention.
This procedure can be combined with a mastopexy procedure requiring additional scars if the breast subsidence is very severe.
To better appreciate the effects of the surgery, a period of 6 months is necessary for the breasts to regain their suppleness.